SHOW and TELL

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/rochella77/?action>Photobucket

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

MOTHER PLEEZE !

Hello, thought I'd go ahead an create another post while I'm here. Thought about Mothers' Day coming up, and wanted to add my two cents to the mix. My mother is still a very impressionable person. God created her for me and me for her. Somehow, I must admit, if it had not been for my moms' sternness, I would probably be on Skid-Row by now. But, this person, speaking of my mother, raised me to be Independent, Trustworthy, and Consistent. "Other people may give up on you, but never ever, give up on yourself" she'd tell me. In no way was I molded to be anything else but a Success. I believe she was my Cheerleader, Mentor, Guardian, Step-mother...(Yes, that's what I said, Step-mother.) Let me explain. Back in the Day, a step-mom was usually known as being bold, a little mean, and somewhat partial. (I'll say that most step-moms are OK.) Well, there were times when my mom was so tough with me, I actually thought I was adopted. Then one day, while looking in the mirror, I saw her face looking back at me. Well, what could I say? Never noticed this before, but God created me to look a whole lot like the very person I felt alienated to. Stopped me right in my tracks. Now, remember, I am not trying to tickle your ears, or let's say, your intelligence. I'm simply telling you the truth. At any rate, as I grew older, my mom became mellow with time. Shocking to me, but true. Now, I can hardly get a word out of her. She just gives me that 'WELL DONE' look. 'MY WORK IS FINISHED', look. You know, kind of like A MOM'S look of pure Wisdom. Her work is done, and she's satisfied with the results. Never pampered, never spoiled, never petted, not hard boiled...JUST ME, THAT'S WHO I AM.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM. I LOVE YOU!

HUGS Big Hug, Mom













No comments: